Once you decide to buy an item on Yesterday’s Bride, you’ll need to register for the website (by creating an account). Locate the item that you wish to purchase, and click the button “contact seller”. This will enable you and the seller/vender to have a dialogue about the item. Of note, you and the seller will negotiate a price and delivery offline. We expect all sellers to respond within 48 hours of being contacted by a potential buyer. You may be thinking, “Why can’t I just purchase from the website?”. Yesterday’s Bride is acting as an avenue to connect potential buyers and sellers—we want the two individuals to establish a relationship and negotiate the conditions of the sale independently of Yesterday’s Bride. This is also good for both entities as it lowers the cost of additional fees charged for processing transactions.
Here are some additional purchasing tips:
- Ask for an estimated shipping time if transaction is online.
- Have a PayPal account ready if transaction is online.
- Ask to add insurance when the seller ships the item to you. It’s worth the extra money, especially if you’re buying fragile items.
- Demonstrate you have a serious interest in purchasing the items right from the initial contact.
- If purchasing in person, make sure to meet at a public place and if paying with cash, have the exact amount ready.