Once you decide to sell on Yesterday’s Bride, you’ll need to register for the website (by creating an account) and decide whether you want to purchase a listing (as a “Seller”) or purchase a subscription (as a “Vendor”). Vendor subscriptions are designed to allow for the bulk purchase of listings at a discounted rate per item.
Let’s first discuss purchasing as a Seller
After your account is created, simply click “sell a new item”, fill out the form, choose an upgraded listing promotion (if you want), and pay for your listing. It’s as simple as that.
Yesterday’s Bride accepts payments through PayPal. After your payment is confirmed, the administrator will be notified of your new ad and will review your ad for approval; however, not all ads will be approved for a variety of reasons. Please see the "why my listing was not accepted?" FAQ below for reasons why your ad may not be approved. Fret not, once your account is created, you have on-going access to your purchased ad(s), and can edit after the original submission to ensure your ad is in compliance with our Terms & Conditions. Easy peasy!
If you choose to purchase a new ad, then you go back to the beginning of the “Seller Process”, including individual payments per ad and start the process over again.
Now let’s discuss the Vendor process
After your account is created, simply click “buy a subscription”, choose between our four subscription options, and submit your payment via PayPal. Once your payment is confirmed, you can “submit a new item” to load new ads. The administrator will be notified of each new ad you post, and the same rules above apply to approving ads. The majority of ads will be approved; however, not all ads will be approved for a variety of reasons. Please see the "why my listing was not accepted?" FAQ below for reasons why your ad may not be approved. Don't worry, once your account is created, you have on-going access to your purchased ad(s), and can edit after the original submission to ensure your ad is in compliance with our Terms & Conditions. Easy peasy!
Of note, you’ll have to add new items individually, but you only pay for your subscription once. Refer to our Pricing & Subscription Plans page for details on all of our subscriptions. Please be mindful that each subscription has a set expiration time, so ensure that you use all the ads assigned to your subscription plan before the time runs out.
Here are a few tips to remember when creating your listing:
- List as much pertinent information on your item as possible!
- Provide measurements, mention any flaws, scratches, rips or stains (if any).
- Upload as many clear images as possible, from both wedding day and items alone.
- Take photos under different lighting if possible to demonstrate any possible color variation.
- Clarify if price includes shipping by using our shipping option; you can also mention shipping in the description.
- Describe what you used the item for; it gives buyers an idea of its potential use for their own wedding. You want buyers to visualize using your item.
- All listings submitted for approval may go live within 24 hours, if approved. If there are a high volume of listings submitted at the same time as your listing, it may take a few days to review all the items; therefore, increasing the 24 hour approval window.
- If you are having problems uploading your file, please note that images must be in jpg, png, or gif format and the max file size is 2MB.
- Never give out personal information such as home address, phone numbers, or credit card numbers.
- Never wire funds via Western Union, Moneygram or any other wire service – anyone who asks you to do so is more than likely a scammer. Fake cashier checks and Money Orders are common, and banks will cash them and then hold you responsible when the fake is discovered later.
- PayPal or Escrow is the suggested method of payment to use to receive money from the buyer. Be careful of people offering to overpay you for your item and then asking that you send them some of the money back. This is most likely a check scam or some other sort of fraud.
- Yesterday’s Bride is not involved in any transaction, and does not handle payments, guarantee transactions, provide escrow services, or offer “buyer protection” or “seller certification”. We are not able to control who is viewing the listings. Avoid deals involving shipping or escrow services and know that only a scammer will guarantee your transaction. Just like your mom said, the web really is world wide!
Due to volume of listings submitted, unfortunately we may not be able to accept them all. We reserve the right to approve and decline listings at our own discretion. Generally, we give priority to listings of items that are current, on demand and/or on trend. Listings with unclear images, blurry, pixelated, collages or distorted images will remain as pending for 30 days until users reupload fresh images. Listings without images will remain as pending until images have been uploaded. Listings that haven’t been updated with an image in over 30 days may be deleted. Please note, with the exception of crinolines, we do not accept undergarment listings.